Certified Stott Pilates Teacher
Certified Pelvic Floor Therapist
Pre and PostNatal Specialist
Francesca brings over a decade of experience to the team at Synergy. Francesca received her Masters of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Toronto in 2004 and has been a part of Synergy since it began in 2011. She has postgraduate training in manual and exercise therapy, pelvic floor rehabilitation, acupuncture, myofascial release and visceral osteopathic techniques. Francesca has been a certified Stott Pilates instructor since 2010.
Francesca’s unique treatment approach combines all of these skills, together with education, empowering her patients to take an active role in their road to wellness.
Francesca has a special interest in women’s health and is regarded as one of the leading experts in the Maritimes for pelvic floor, prenatal and postnatal health and wellness. She helps women prevent and treat pelvic floor dysfunction, prolapse, incontinence, pain with intercourse, low back and sacroiliac joint pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction and abdominal separation (diastasis recti). Francesca also has a background in competitive sport and enjoys working with all levels of athletes to prevent and treat injury, and to optimize performance.
Francesca has contributed to CTV Atlantic’s Live at Five House Calls, to the Saltscapes Living Healthy and Doctors Nova Scotia Magazine, as well as being a key presenter to diverse groups on the topic of postnatal recovery and pelvic floor health and fitness.
Degrees, Certifications, Memberships:
- BHSc, University of Western Ontario (2002)
- MScPT, University of Toronto (2004)
- Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 3, Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Acupuncture Certification, Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
- Advanced Certification in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
- Certified Mat Intensive and Reformer Stott Pilates Instructor
- Osteopathic training: Fascial Release and Visceral Manipulation
- Pelvic Floor Pilates Certification
- Certified Advanced Functional Needling
- Registered at Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists
- Member of Canadian Physiotherapy Association, Orthopaedic Division