Registered Manual Osteopath
Certified Stott Pilates Teacher
Certified Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
Martha is the founder of SYNERGY Physiotherapy + Pilates. She is a physiotherapist and osteopath with over 15 years of experience in injury prevention and treatment.
Martha has postgraduate certifications in manual and manipulative therapy, acupuncture, pelvic floor rehab, and pilates.
Martha’s experience working with clients of all abilities has taught her that to achieve optimal performance, you must look beyond the symptoms and treat the whole person. Her healing philosophy centers on promoting health, wellness and performance through manual therapy, education and exercise.
Martha has an extensive sports background, and has competed internationally as a member of the Canadian National Trampoline Team. She has travelled worldwide as a physiotherapist and performance medicine supervisor for Cirque du Soleil (2003-2008). Martha began to integrate the Pilates method into her treatments while working at Cirque, and was the first to bring this unique approach to Eastern Canada. She is also one of Nova Scotia's few Physiotherapists that have completed a five year + thesis post graduate program in Manual Osteopathy. Martha enjoys working with all levels of athletes, and is a member of the integrated support team for the Men's and Women's National Gymnastics team in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
Degrees, Certifications, Memberships:
- BSc Physiotherapy, Dalhousie University (2002)
- Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Therapy (2018)
- Manual and Manipulative Therapy Certification Level 3, CPA
- Acupuncture Certification, Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
- Stott Pilates Intensive and Advanced Matwork Certification
- Pelvic Floor Pilates Certification
- Advanced Certification in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
- Member of Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Registered at NS College of Physiotherapy
- Recognized physiotherapist for the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
- IST Therapist Gymnastics Canada